About us –
David and Louise Roberts, we have owned both these villas since they were built (Casa Vela in 2005 and Casa Selva Caribe in 2007). We are living in England and try to spend as much time as possible in Playa del Carmen! We are always striving to offer you a great vacation rental experience from the time that you make your reservation to your visit and return home. We are constantly updating and renewing the facilities so that we offer only the best! Our property manager is highly professional and takes great care of the villas and will meet and greet you on arrival.
Our contacts – email – firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone +44 1329 556123
Booking Procedure – You can either book through the website that you originally saw the listing, or direct with us. Either way, we work with a similar rental contract – main details shown below, and we ask for a 50% reservation deposit. We ask for the balance, together with the refundable security deposit 30 days before your arrival. Payment can be by credit card using Paypal, or bank wire in US$ to our US account, Euros or in British Pounds. Bookings on the vrbo system using the links below will be in US$ by credit card.
Book Now! – You can use these links to check availability and book instantly on vrbo/Homeaway using their credit card payment service. It is important that you enter the correct number of guests (including children) and agree with the rental contract during the booking process.
Casa Selva Caribe :
Casa Vela :
These links will show a firm price for the dates that you require and can be booked instantly. Please ask us for any special offers, or check our ‘Special Offer’ page on this website! The base rates are:
High Season – US$1500 January 8 – April 15
Holidays – US$ 2600 December 20 – January 7
Low Season – US$1200 April 16 – December 20 (check for any special offers in May – June and September – October)
All rates include tax, maids etc
This section describes the main terms of the rental contract and we are aiming to give as many details as possible at this stage. Where there is any conflict, or any omission, the rental contract shall take priority. The terms here are subject to change at any time.
- The rates quoted are net of bank charges and credit card fees.
- In case of travel being restricted by your national government all rentals will be honoured for an additional year based on availability.This booking is subject to Mexican laws and regulations
- Check in time is 3.00 PM, check out time at 10.00AM. Early check-in / late check-out may be possible by prior arrangement
- Three nights minimum stay, some dates 5 or 7 nights.
- Balance due 30 days before arrival.
- Cancellations 60 days prior to arrival are refundable based on ability to re-rent. There will be a US$150 handling fee on all cancellations. Tenants are responsible for leaving the property as found and for any damages beyond normal use.
- Tenants agree to pay for any damage caused.
- Security Deposit will be returned within 10 days of check-out providing there are no issues.
- Owners are not responsible for any articles left on the premises.
- No pets allowed. No smoking inside the property.
- No additional overnight guests. Contract will be null and void and you will be asked to leave.
- Rental includes weekly maid service.
- Water and electricity are the two most valuable commodities and are expensive in Mexico. Please conserve both. Please shut off air conditioners when not using the bedrooms and when leaving the premises. Rental includes 250KW/week electricity which covers all but the heaviest use of air conditioners. Consumption over that rate will be charged at cost.
- Involvement in any illegal activity such as possession or sale of illegal drugs will result in immediate eviction without refund.
- Rowdy or boisterous behaviour will not be tolerated
- To ensure a safe trip, lock all doors and windows when leaving the premises.
- On rare occasions, hurricanes do affect the Caribbean, but in any given place they are uncommon and a number of years go by without any hurricane. The villa is well protected and designed for such eventualities. The windows have full hurricane shutters.
- No refunds will be made unless a hurricane warning has been issued for Playa del Carmen by the National Hurricane Center based in Miami. (This policy does not apply for bad weather or tropical storms).
- In the event of a hurricane warning, we will refund any unused portion of rent for:Guests currently registered who decide to leave early
- Guests who are scheduled to arrive during the hurricane period, but decide to postpone their visit.
- As an alternative to a refund, guests may prefer to postpone their visit to a later date, subject to availability.
- If your departure is delayed by travel difficulties after a hurricane, the rental may be extended subject to availability and at half the pro-rata rental rate for up to one week.
- If the hurricane does not affect the arrival or departure dates and the rental period is as per the contract, no refund will be given.
- Guests are advised to purchase travel insurance.